Our network

Son carries father to safety from house fire | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Son carries father to safety from house fire
News

LAS VEGAS -- Firefighters say a son carried his elderly father out of their burning house near Eastern Avenue and Oakey Boulevard Monday.

The fire at a home on the 1700 block of Pacific Street was reported around 11:30 a.m. According to fire officials, the father was transported to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

A dog died in the blaze.

Although still under investigation, firefighters said the son stated a new washer and dryer were recently installed and there was a strong smell of burning plastic. When they looked outside, they saw the fire.

News

Downtown Deals