Our network

LVFD: Fire sparks from barbecue grill |

Title (Max 100 Characters)

LVFD: Fire sparks from barbecue grill

The windy weather caused some problems for firefighters battling a blaze Thursday near N. 27th Street and Sunrise Avenue.

The house fire near the downtown area sparked around 2:10 p.m. Two people were in the home at the start of the fire, but they were able to escape without any injuries, Las Vegas Fire said.

According to firefighters, the homeowners were using the barbecue grill on the patio, they left for a minute, and when they returned the back of the house was on fire.

There weren't any other details released. This is a developing story.

Downtown Deals