LAS VEGAS -- A recycling mishap led to an explosion that sent one man to the hospital and rattled nearby buildings.
One person suffered burns and was transported to University Medical Center Monday following an explosion at a small shop.
The explosion happened around 10:30 a.m. at 1700 Western Avenue near Wyoming Avenue.
The blast blew out windows and bent metal. It also shook up the people working next door.
“I'm lucky! I'm still alive. The desk shifted, the computer fell, everything fell and our whole rack of paracord could've fallen on us too,” eyewitness Raeden Ramoran said.
The explosion came from a TV repair shop and the man inside stumbled out partly covered in flames.
“He looked down and he said, ‘my shoes are on fire, I'm on fire.' I said, ‘don't worry about that I got you taken care of.' I took his rubber shoes off that were burning and his socks were still on fire,” Gary Grimes, who tried to help, said.